Sunday 19 July 2015

2015/05/17 10.000 days

It’s a great album, released by the band “Tool” in 2006. I only have 4 to finish the shark. (I don’t want to experience a single of the 10.000 album-days btw.)
I’m off to a bad start on thursday and after 3 hours of messing about I decide to install the short-shifter that I’d ordered. It’s just an upgrade that I want to give a try. I succeed in the task and I turn messing about into productivity.


At the end of the day the wheel hub is in place.


On friday I’m taking on the suspension. Tape has to prevent the spring tensioners causing damage to my paint job. The difference between old and new is significant and it looks stunning when it’s in place.






Today I hit the overdrive: the left rear suspension get’s finished, all bolts are torqued to the proper tension and the eccentric camber and caster bolts are aligned with the naked eye. I doubt it will be very precise but that doesn’t really matter, the rear drive train is back where it should be, me likes.



To end the day I put the heat shields and front part of the exhaust back in place. Doing it completely is useless, it’ ll only be in the way for Kees, who’ll put the transmission back in. The remaining parts will be properly packed tomorrow in protective plastic. Placing the hood, handbrake and wheels on will get the car “back to earth” tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment